Pages

Friday, 11 February 2011

Longridge Past 1

A recent addition to my collection is this fascinating old postcard showing Kay's Entry on Tootell Height. Click on the image for a closer look.


On the reverse of the card, which was written on Thursday afternoon July 4, 1918, is this message:

My dear Harry, you will see by the postcard that I am at Longridge. Mary and I cycled here this afternoon. We have had quite a nice time. We have been on the top of Tootell Height, on the park. There are quite a lot of people here. We have just had our tea. You know we have some friends at Longridge where we come to stay.

You will have to have a day here when you come home. Goodbye Harry for now. With love from Nellie XXXXXX Cheer up.

[I presume Harry was serving with the Forces at the time]

No comments:

Post a Comment